Can I just say....I have the most amazing people around me!?! I see God's hand all over my life...I see his favor poured out...I see his kindness in the most unexpected places. And, I am THANKFUL!
Just to share some things I have been thanking Him for recently:
**Our old office manager at the language center has returned from a job in another country. He was keen to see life outside our crazy country, and, after six months, we are rejoicing at his return home AND to our center!! He works hard, he protects us single teachers from the creepers, and he is super helpful. For example, after I asked about a gym to see if he knew anything from about the "women's side" (which he didn't), he proceeded to tell my teammate and I about a gym right in our neighborhood. He thought they had ladies' hours, a female trainer, and was reasonable priced. Sweet! Then he even called the guy he knew who worked there and found out even more :) He is a blessing...life here is hard sometimes, but he always seems to find ways to help make it easier for us!
**My landlord and his family are wonderful! We live on the third floor of their house (totally separate, like an apartment), but they welcome us into their home often. Just last night, we sat with them for a couple of hours, practicing language, asking about local security stuff, and getting the low down on internet. We have been wanting to get wireless for our house. We asked the son (a tech saavy college student) and he just created a wireless hotspot for us from his internet downstairs!! FREE :) He was like, "No problem, it's fast, it's free (aka Dad pays), and it's unlimited every month." What a gift of His grace.
**It has finally started to cool off!! We practically jump up and down when it only gets up to 96F each day!! Oh man...compared to the consistent 120F all summer, 96 is awesome. And at night, when it is in the 70's, I am starting to get chilly. How sad is that!? It has even rained a couple of times in the last few weeks. It smelled just like home in Phoenix!! The rain is even preceded by a lovely dust storm like Phx, too!!
I am praising God from whom all these blessing flow, through unexpected people, in unexpected ways. He is the Giver of good gifts and I am one amazed daughter of His!! Thankful for JC through whom all of this grace is possible!!
Recent pictures of life....
Just to share some things I have been thanking Him for recently:
**Our old office manager at the language center has returned from a job in another country. He was keen to see life outside our crazy country, and, after six months, we are rejoicing at his return home AND to our center!! He works hard, he protects us single teachers from the creepers, and he is super helpful. For example, after I asked about a gym to see if he knew anything from about the "women's side" (which he didn't), he proceeded to tell my teammate and I about a gym right in our neighborhood. He thought they had ladies' hours, a female trainer, and was reasonable priced. Sweet! Then he even called the guy he knew who worked there and found out even more :) He is a blessing...life here is hard sometimes, but he always seems to find ways to help make it easier for us!
**My landlord and his family are wonderful! We live on the third floor of their house (totally separate, like an apartment), but they welcome us into their home often. Just last night, we sat with them for a couple of hours, practicing language, asking about local security stuff, and getting the low down on internet. We have been wanting to get wireless for our house. We asked the son (a tech saavy college student) and he just created a wireless hotspot for us from his internet downstairs!! FREE :) He was like, "No problem, it's fast, it's free (aka Dad pays), and it's unlimited every month." What a gift of His grace.
**It has finally started to cool off!! We practically jump up and down when it only gets up to 96F each day!! Oh man...compared to the consistent 120F all summer, 96 is awesome. And at night, when it is in the 70's, I am starting to get chilly. How sad is that!? It has even rained a couple of times in the last few weeks. It smelled just like home in Phoenix!! The rain is even preceded by a lovely dust storm like Phx, too!!
I am praising God from whom all these blessing flow, through unexpected people, in unexpected ways. He is the Giver of good gifts and I am one amazed daughter of His!! Thankful for JC through whom all of this grace is possible!!
Recent pictures of life....

No comments:
Post a Comment